Friday, September 22, 2006

Getting Around In Changzhou

Well I am sure we will eventually learn how to get around in Changzhou, but without speaking Chinese, it sure is difficult.
We decided to try to find the train station on our own (a fellow teacher told us to just take bus 33). Well, we usually take bus 26 or bus 11 to get to the city and have learned where they take us to.
Now bus 33 is another matter. We live in the Xinbei district where all the government offices are located. I can't even take a city bus to school because they don't run down here.
So we decided to walk down to the Jingling hotel (about 3 blocks away to see if the 33 stopped at that bus stop). Sure enough it doesn't. So we decided to walk on to the next section (about 3/4 of a mile). There was no stop there so we walked up that street about a block and found a bus stop - but wouldn't you know it, no number 33. There apparently are no bus routes posted anywhere (online, in town, etc.).
I guess we will just get on one of the buses we know and see if one of the stops has the 33 bus no. listed somewhere along the way. If so, we will get off and wait for the other bus. If not, we may have to take the ever-familiar "taxi". :-)
As we go wandering off . . . we hope we can find our way back home.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ni Hao-
I sure hope you found bus 33! I can't imagine Bro. E not finding his way around town. But then, you are getting plenty of exercise this way. By now I bet you are "fit & trim".
Is there not maps there, of course they would probably be written in Chinese. Just think of it as "sight seeing". Did you ever find the train station?
Love to the both of you.
Dsai Jain, Lu

4:19 PM  
Blogger Ron said...

I'm sure traveling bus 33 would only be half as much fun as traveling route 66!

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Estee I finaly draged my self to my comp , I was doing good then the bottom droped out, I was getting dizzie .and almost going to the floor , started ab, Tues abt, the time Vonnie went home, It just got worse. Dad took me to Dr. Friday eve.My blood pressure had droped so low,I was passing out, They sent me home, and sent out a home care nurse, the next day , she in turn called the DR, ,then I had to go to Sap. hos E,R,. they gave me the works. I was pretty dehideraded. I am doing better , Go to see my surgin tomarrow, We miss you both , Hope you are better,,, Love ,Mom

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home