Saturday, September 09, 2006

Made it through the first week

Well,
I made it through the first week of teaching. Our classes are based on a two week cycle. This was the second week and we finished on Thursday. We have 3 days off then teach 6 days next week and then 1 day off. I had homework duty on Tuesday night so had to stay at school from 6:30 to 8:00. Seems like students are the same wherever they are. Some work diligently on homework while others will do anything to keep from doing it. :-) It sure made for a long day, but I only have the duty on Tuesday night of the 2nd week.

This is Lily (the computer teacher) and Doug and Rachel (Doug is standing at my desk). His desk is directly to the left.








I am learning all the Chinese teachers' names and the ones from New Zealand as well.
This is Mina, Chu Lin, and Yin Yin. On the left is Meegan's desk, on the right is Doug's.


The students are for the most part attentive and respectful. The older boys tend to want to sleep during the morning class. All students must report to class by 7:40. Our classes start at 8:10. I can only imagine how difficult it is to not only learn the subject, but to learn it in English.
We went to "Town" yesterday on the bus to check out the McDonalds and try to find the church. We found McDonalds and had an ice cream which was quite good, but couldn't find the church. Jim thinks he will try the China version of McDonalds Apple pie the next time we go. It is a Green Bean Pie. We will go again in the morning and see if we can find the church.
We spent the morning cleaning the apartment and washing clothes.
(This is my kitchen).


Well, I better get some clothes hung up, the sun has come out and it has stopped raining.

More later,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it looks like a nice clean kitchen. My desk looks about like yours:) Just finished mowing mine and mom's yard, boy was it dry and dusty, sure could use your rain. The Black Bears are off to a good season, 2-0. Beat Barnsdall last night 49-13. Green bean pie? I think I will stick to our version.:) Yesterday we made our annual trek to the county fair as a result I'm all stopped up, and the mowing didn't help much either. On Thursday, we took our baby girl to get her sr. pictures, can't believe it! Brant is doing well at osu, 10x+ smarter than me, that's okay, he can take care of me in my old age, hit the big 50 in May. Well, hope you find the church. I've got to haul some limbs off and get cleaned up so I can get some school work done.
Take care,
Love ya,
Larry

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see why you would need someone to direct traffic in your office! Do you ever get your desk cleared?
Green bean pie sounds very "interst
ing". But I'm glad I have the good ole'US ice cream cone. Wonder what the apple pie will taste like.
Glad you got some time off and hope you found the church. Heard a good speaker this morning. He was from Tulsa. Kinda looked like John Hagee.
Sure do miss you and Br. E. I for one will be glad when he comes back!!!!
Take care and keep the post coming. I look forward to reading them.
Love ya'
Lu

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey !!!! ,your kitchen looks better than mine right now, Dad will have all that to take care of after I get home from hosp, ha,ha,, I will sure miss your being there, Hope you find the church, We went to our granparents banquett, Sat, night, The pastors and their wives cooked it ,and surved us, sure a nice meal too, Bro, Steve Tiger was the speaker,and Nancy sang, I told him about you two, He said, they would be haveing intensive thoughts for you too, Got to go,, LOVE Mom

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sis,
Sounds like you are very busy. I'm here at Mom's, I came down to help for a few days. I'm not Este but maybe I'll do.Ha Ha, Dad and I sat on the front proch and watched the deer come up to feed. Loretta and Sonny are comming out tomarrow and maybe Jim. Dean has been sick and so has my Dean. Well Sis we are having Intense thoughts for you both. Love ya Von

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home