Monday, September 04, 2006

Getting started on a new year

Well, today was my first day of teaching in the International Section at the school. It is going to be quite an adventure. There are twelve of us that share a teachers' office. We agreed today that we practically need traffic lights to move around the room. We finally got our schedules yesterday evening and the first thing this morning the schedule was changed. I am teaching 3 levels of Science. Each level is based on the students' English abilities. I met one of the classes today, level 4, (all boys about age 17). I will meet another class tomorrow, level 5, along with level 4 again. I won't meet the students in level 3 until Wednesday. It will take some getting used to, meeting the same class twice in one day on some days and not meeting some classes at all on some days. I don't have an official textbook, but some various resources to put together some curriculum. Larry, it sure makes me appreciate the resources and materials we had at good ole Pawnee. In two of my classrooms there are only a few desks and chairs and a small white board (that has been used many times and so far I haven't been able to get it clean). The students are wonderful so far. They are polite and respectful. The teachers are great to work with and we all try to help each other out.
Yesterday I hooked up two computers that were sitting in the corner. Everyone was grateful that they were working again. We only have one printer in the office and it is connected to a computer that only has Chinese language on it. I have to really think about where things are when I use it because I can't read the labels.
Thankfully I have my laptop at the apartment with my printer so I try to print some things at home.

By the way, we had a foot massage at a little place around the corner this evening and it was wonderful after a full day of standing and walking.
Well, enough for now - I have homework to do and I need to catch the 7:10 school bus in the morning. (When it gets cooler I will probably walk some - it is about 3 miles)

Zia Jian

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow mom it sounds like you guys are getting all squared away. Don't get too stressed out I know you are going to do a great job! We sure do miss you and Dad. On a different note I wish I could hear you say some of the words you are using in your posts, its kinda hard trying to figure out how to say them just by reading. Love you and miss you lots!!!

Heather & Chris

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just 3 miles, that should be a piece of cake, ha!. You be careful and again, we all know you will give 110% and beyond. Well, at least you have some science background. I'm enjoying the last few hours of the Labor Day weekend break, it has gotten cooler here and is nice. Maybe we will get a break on the ac. Sure could use rain.....I do appreciate all the advances that we have at school. Who would have ever thought. Well, I guess I had better sign off, I have grades to enter for my first grade slip for the year. Most are doing well. I have had 2 that missed 3 days due to a bug and the good old fair days are about to hit. Well, talk with you later....Remember, P.4:13........... Larry

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning. It is Tuesday and back to work. We went with Ross and Carol to Arkansas to see Danny and Tina's new home. We left right after Sunday morning meeting and returned Monday. Several regular members did not make the meeting because of the holiday week-end but as always you were in our thoughts. I know you were excited about the new adventure but you sure did not realize how different that adventure would turn out to be. I agree with others that you will be able to be a complete success with the teaching and everything. Well, I had better get to work. I look forward to reading the new items you add to your blog.
Cary & Janet

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, If I know you, by now you have everything under control. The others will depend on you to help sort things out.

As for the computer keys being in Chinese, just think in Chinese! That should take care of that. (HA)

I bet you look forward to the foot massage everyday. You've earned it!

Keep up the good work, you have 1st AG behind you.

Love ya'
Lu & Melvin

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My"My"My' you soundS like you are in AS MUCH OF A WHERRIL WIND AS I ,bUT I CAN JUST SEE YOU SORTING EVERY THING OUT, YOU WERE ALWASE REAL GOOD AT THAT, WHO WAS IT ALWAYS HOLLERING "ESTEE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THIS ,AND YOU WOULD COME RUNNING ? PRETTY SOON YOU WILL BE TALKING TO US IN CHINEEZ, WE LOVE ,AND MISS YOU. GOT TO GET SOME SLEEP, LOV. MOM (:>)

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well,,, Its Thursday night, Was hoping for an e-mail ,but I know you are soooo busy teaching ,and studying. What about james?,I bet he finds plenty to do, and go see,,
We had quite a day yesterday, Met Leslie, Terry, and Loretta, at the court house at 9:00 a,m, Things went well, She don't have to come down any more. (Tell you more later) We had to take the car back at 12:00, They did'nt get it right the 1st. time, After getting lunch ,We had to go for phy, ther,at 2"00 , We finaly got home at 6:00
Dad plowed the wheat field ,Then we went for wheat seed this morn, He will try to get it planted in the morn, Then We go back for more phy,ther,at 2:00,, In the mean time I'm trying to get ready to go to hosp, Mon. "Talk about a wherril" wend, I feel Like I"m in it ,and can"t get out, ha,ha, Edwin is doing good, goes back to see Dr's Mon. They will deside what to do about his finger, LOve you both, and miss yoy much !!!!

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sis, it's Retta! How are you guys doing? I'm at Mom & Dad's visiting and Lavonna is here. I guess you guys are having a grand experience. I've been reading some of your mail through Mom, so I have kept up a little. I'm sure this is quiet different than around here. It is raining here today and quiet cool making for a
very nice day. Von wants to know if by any chance, we can mail you egg qrates for your beds if that would help any? Could you please respond and let us know? Also if there is any thing else you could use that we could send. I hope you are having the time of your lives.
Our intense thoughts are with you and we think of you a lot. We love you guys and I will send another message when possible. Love to you both. Your Sis.

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home