Sunday, September 17, 2006

Getting in the Groove

Well, we are trying to get in the groove of things. I finished my first 6-day teaching stint. We intended to go to the city on Saturday evening, but Jim was suffering with his sinuses so we just rested. Today was a relatively quiet day with both of us just recuperating. We said intense thoughts about our flock at home and my mom. I sure hope she is recovering from her surgery all right.
One of my colleagues told me about a free internet service called Skype. I signed up and bought some minutes so that I could call folks who don't have it on their computer. I think I totally surprised Heather and Dru and some other folks when they heard my voice from my computer (I had to have headphones with a microphone).
I am including some pics I took around school and when we went to Wuzhen Gardens. This is one of my classes of Thai and Korean students.

We took a boat ride down the canal at Wuzhen.
Well it is getting late and I'd best get some rest. Tomorrow starts another week.

This is a view of the two staircases from level 3 classroom up to level 4 and 5 classes. I know it is a little difficult to imagine, but the entire length is covered by light blue polyurethane. We have had quite a bit of rain lately and we can hear the rain almost like on a tin roof. :-)

Goodnight to all - we think of you often

5 Comments:

Blogger Ron said...

So Estee, what is the time difference between you and us?

6:03 AM  
Blogger Estee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Estee said...

We are 13 hours ahead of you. :-)

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just back from Friday Night Football Pawnee vs. Hominy-Victory for Pawnee! 36/12/ Happy Weekend, what is left of it for you
Larry

8:32 PM  
Blogger Estee said...

Alright Bears!!
Glad to know they beat Hominy. :-)

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home