Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving Thoughts

Wow - it is so nice to be able to post again. It doesn't seem like it should be time for Thanksgiving! School days seem to move very quickly and yet are very draining. I've kind of gotten used to moving in 2-week blocks of time. As I mentioned in the last blog, we were suposed to teach on Thanksgiving day, but our students are being taken on a field trip to an island near Suzhou and then to a Science and Technology museum in Shanghai. So tomorrow we will be thinking of home and all the Thanksgiving doings. I sure hope the family enjoys the wild turkey and dressing and all those pies mom is making.
We will probably try to go downtown and find a Pizza Hut or McDonalds to get a little back home flavor. Although we still haven't gotten used to the green bean pies or the side dishes of corn.





It is raining here now and pretty cool, but who knows what it will be like tomorrow.


This is a picture of some of the 3-wheeled carts at the corner by our apartment. This day it happened to be sunny. We don't get very many of those.


I also thought you might enjoy getting a little preview of what it is like when we go to the grocery store. This one is called RT Mart in downtown Changzhou. There is always a lot of live meat that a person can buy including crabs, eel, fish, snakes, turtles, etc. These two ladies were pleased when I took their picture. If you click on the pictures you will get a much better view of the details.



Sometimes when we travel, the fog is pretty thick like at this intersection when we were going to Suzhou. The fog was so thik the bus driver had to drive 40 km an hour for a lot of the way.
Well enough posting for now. It's time to try some of those delicious tiny oranges that are in season now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Momma, I just thought I would see if you had gotten to post yet and I see that you have. We had a great holiday at grandmas after lunch Chris went out to the hunting house with grandpa and stayed gone most of the day didn't see a thing until they got back to the house. We were going to go by andcheck on the house but we didn't want to bother Ross and Carol and it was getting late so we just came on to the house. Well I'm about to go get Chris so we can pick up your Grandson Love you Mom and Daddy

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Estee,

It's good to see your posts again! I was wondering if you were ok since you hadn't posted in a long time. I love reading about your adventures and your pictures are great! Take care and be safe.

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you again. I don't think I would frequent the market very much, but I guess you have little choice. Had a great Thanksgiving, sounds like pizza would have been my choice. It was in the 70's today, but supposed to be freezing and snowing by tomorrow, got to love OK.
I agree the school year is flying by. Keep in touch and I enjoy the pictures.
Love ya,
Larry and family

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home