Friday, June 01, 2007

Odds and Ends










Just thought I'd put some odds and ends on the blog while I'm trying to take it easy this weekend. The first ones are some Car0l and I took in Beijing.










It has been nice just relaxing today - instead of riding a bus for 9 hours. It was raining when I got up this morning and continued on and off until early afternoon. The entire day has been really hazy so it was nice to stay inside. About 5:30 this evening I decided to walk up to the little grocery by the buffet tray place (Carol, you will know the one). I picked up a few things, stopped by the bakery down the street and picked up some bread. Barbara had been telling me that the New Island Coffee Company was a good place to eat, so I decided to check it out. I ordered a small pizza and a coke - with ice. After about 20 minutes they finally brought the ice - no coke. Finally I asked another waitress about my coke and the first one hadn't put it on the ticket. After another 20 minutes I finally got the pizza (sausage). From the first bite I knew I wasn't going to get it down. It was covered in green and red peppers and onions. There was some kind of sweet sauce along with the sausage - not my idea of good ole sausage pizza. I finally managed to get some of the slice down, paid the bill and left. I decided I would have done better going to the buffet place - oh well, live and learn.




This is the Hostel Carol and I stayed in, there are goldfish in the big brass urn - we didn't know how they survived in that water! The wisteria was gorgeous and Carol is standing by one of the lions at Tiannamen Square. The weather sure was nice tonight walking home although a little misty. It was certainly a welcome change from the hot, humid weather we have been having. Here is some of the local traffic - how about the truck with the motor out in the front? The lady with the three-wheeler with the child in it are at the wet market. There are several other vehicles parked on the left where the farmers have brought their goods to the market. It is straight ahead under the plastic strips (blue green)




Well, this post has been a little scattered, but hope you enjoy the pictures. Time for some shut eye. G'Night!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though I would che your Blog befor I got off to bed, I like the pic' sure hope your back gets better, Dad feels better already, , you get some rest. LOV Mom

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you are still out and about.........(on your own! wow!) Still hard to believe. Your time is getting closer! yea! School is out and getting ready for Falls Creek, next week..Brant started summer school today and Ashton went to Super Summer, leadership training.......... Today is our anniversary, 24 wonderful years, will spend it running errands for the kids, ha! Looks like you still have the talent for drawing, looks great! Artist, Photographer, World Traveler, What's next? (lol) Until next time..........Larry

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home