Sunday, May 27, 2007

Other Hobby



Since I am posting, I thought I might as well include some of my efforts to learn sketching and painting while I am here. I even had a stamp made with my Chinese name, (the red square). As you can tell, I sure have a l-o-o-n-g way to go and I hope my teacher (my director's wife) doesn't give up on me! (Thanks Marion for all your encouragement and direction). Using water colors is quite a challenge in itself. Oh well, a Picasso I won't ever be but I sure am enjoying doing it in what spare time I can muster.







I am also trying to learn the shading techniques for portraits. There are some gorgeous ones done here in China by street vendors and they make it look so easy.

Drawing pagodas is no easy feat either! Mine looks like it might fall down!....lots of room for improvement there. And my first attempt at mountains...in water colors!! (sigh) Oh well, I am having fun trying anyway.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your art work is definately coming along. I think it is great.

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may not think they're great, but I sure do Estee! You are a wonderful artist! I still have the one you gave me before I left OSU - you just keep getting better! I may have to get a new one soon to add to my other! :)

- Valerie

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home