Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Local Park










A fellow teacher, Mark Womack (Jim, remember him?) and I decided to go to the local Red Plum Park and check out some more of the sites. Carol will remember the park where we enjoyed the day. Ican only imagine what it would be like to actually take a ride in one of these carriers. :)
Some of the sites we visited were different than the ones Carol and I saw. It is a beautiful place to just go and have a peaceful day.
These kids asked if they could have their picture made with me - as you can see, we did. The kids were having quite a time fishing for goldfish. We saw one little guy with about 8 in his little plastic carrier, taking them home. We thought about trying one of these water balls but decided they might not hold us up. (hee hee) This is one of the trucks with the motor out front sitting by the canal. I have been fascinated by these since I have been here. They sound like little put-puts and you can always hear them coming before you actually see them. This is an ice cream sundae that I got at the temple entrance of the park. (Eat your heart out Carol) There are cubed pears in the bottom, strawberry icecream, chocolate drizzled on it with a green cherry on top. The apple sliceson the sides have been intricately carved to look like wings. (By the way, it was delicious!) Speaking of eating, I thought you might like to see our breakfast at school. I am eating rice porridge with pickled vegetables in it. On the front of the tray is a baoza (steamed bun) with green vegetables in it (very yummy), a boiled egg and a bowl of warm milk. Barbara also had the sticky rice which is served in a banana leaf (on the front of her tray). As you can tell, we are not going hungry. :)

Well I better sign off and get some sleep. It is nearly midnight already. I'm finishing putting all my tests together for the end of term tests and trying to make sure I have everything ready for Diana, Ron and Jim to arrive. Yea!!

It's kind of hard to believe that I have been here nearly a year. This has definitely been quite an experience and I have been to and seen a lot of places. By the way, I am blocked from viewing my blog again. At least I can post, but I'm not sure how it looks...oh well...happy thoughts.


Bye for now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I just got a chance to view your blog, It is quit a story, ,Am so glad you are getting to visit those places and, see so much, ,but we are look for you home soom , LOVE, Mom

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home