Saturday, March 03, 2007

Back In china

Well, time has a way of flying by. We spent 3 weeks in Oklahoma with our family, colleagues, and the flock. I could hardly believe it when time came to say goodbye. At least we got to see our kids, my parents, and all the grandkids. We managed to surprise quite a few folks who didn't know that I was coming home with Jim. These are my three brothers who also came to the airport to pick us up.
I thought you might enjoy some of the pics from home. This is my dad and my brother who went through an electrocution (see the Take a Deep Breath post) and the turkey he got. The next one is the deer that his son-in-law bagged.

Also, while we were enjoying a mild winter here in Changzhou, the folks at home were having quite a winter! This is just one of the snows that Oklahoma received.
Well, back to the issues at hand, it sure was hard to leave my hubby behind but I am sure that God will surround both of us. I had a difficult time getting out of the U.S. due to plane delays and crews needing down time, but finally arrived in Shanghai about 10:00 pm on Tuesday night. It was great to see the CIEE group and go to the orientation sessions on Wednesday morning. I finally arrived back in Changzhou about 4:30 that afternoon. Of course there wasn't anything in the fridge and I was too tired to go shopping so I just took a hot shower and went to bed. I have been back for 4 days now and still have some of the jet lag since we are 14 hours ahead of Oklahoma. Our teaching schedule begins tomorrow and since we are short a couple of teachers for about 3 weeks I will have an exta heavy teaching schedule up front. (Help Honey!! I sure do need you here to do dishes and housekeeping) ha ha. Jim was certainly a big help to me while he was here and I miss him greatly. I better hush for now and get some shut eye.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Thank you for your kind words in your comments on my blog. I'm still coming out of shock and trying desperately not to let my mind wander to "the dark side."

Glad to hear you made it safely. I hope I can make more time to keep up with blogs. It seems only yesterday that I called you on the phone and you were preparing to embark on this grand adventure.

Bless you,
Joe

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Estee,
Hope this finds you safe and warm. I truly enjoy your posts and pictures. Several of the pictures are now in my jigsaw puzzle file at home. It's warming up here and we finally received a little rain. Dennis and I planted several rose bushes a few evenings ago. I will send you photos of them once they bloom.
God bless and much happiness be with you.
Connie Scott

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home