Sunday, September 18, 2011

Nairobi, Kenya!

Wow, I can't believe Jim and I have been in Nairobi for over a month! We arrived on the 8th of August.
We spent the first week getting settled in and adding some flowers and a chiminea to the backyard. Within a week we were invited to the KAG General Council. It was a great week (except for the two days I had the tummy troubles). It was nothing like the Pharaoh's Revenge that I had in Egypt, thank goodness.

By the next Monday we were highly involved with our projects. Jim began working on the terrazio floor of Loretta's gazebo and Loretta and I began working on the TESOL project. Our goal was to have 10 lessons completed by September 15th...all instructions, resources, flashcards and pictures. Quite a lofty goal, but we felt with God's help we could accomplish it.

More to come later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home